Blake N. Johnson
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Drexel University, 2013
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2015 - present
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2016 - present
- Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 2013 - 2015
- Research Assistant, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Drexel University, 2008 - 2013
- ISE 2204: Manufacturing Processes
Please click a title in light brown to view the abstract.
- Blake N. Johnson, Karen Z. Lancaster, Esteban A. Engel, Yong Lin Kong, Maneesh K. Gupta, Kellin Krick, Fanben Meng, Lynn W. Enquist & Michael C. McAlpine, 3D printed anatomical nerve regeneration pathways. Advanced Functional Materials, (2015).
- Maneesh K. Gupta, Yong Lin Kong, Blake N. Johnson, Nina Masters, Srikanth Singamaneni, & Michael C. McAlpine, 3D printed programmable release capsules, Nano Letters, (2015).
- Yong Lin Kong, Ian Tamargo, H. Kim, Blake N. Johnson, Maneesh K. Gupta, T.-W. Koh, Huai-An Chin, Barry P. Rand, Daniel A. Steingart, & Michael C. McAlpine, 3D printed quantum dot light-emitting diodes, Nano Letters, 14, 7017-7023 (2014).
- Blake N. Johnson & Raj Mutharasan, Biosensing using dynamic-mode cantilever sensors: A review. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 32, 1-18, (2012).
- Blake N. Johnson & Raj Mutharasan, pH Effect on controlled orientation of protein adsorption to Au surfaces. Langmuir, 28, 6928-6934, (2012).
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), 2015, Member
- American Chemical Society (ACS), 2010, Member
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), 2008, Member
- Innovation Award, 2015, Princeton University
- Best Dissertation Award, 2013, Drexel University
- Chemical Engineering Award, 2012, Drexel University
Junior Faculty Awards fund research partnerships across campus (September 2017)
Dr. Blake Johnson received NSF EAGER Award (September 2016)
Spotlight on New Faculty: Industrial and Systems Engineering (October 2015)
3-D printing method can regenerate complex peripheral nerve injuries (September 2015)
College of Engineering announces 34 new hires (August 2015)
ISE Welcomes Two New Faculty in Fall 2015 (August 2015)