Main Area: Operations Research
- Methodology: Data driven distributionally robust optimization; stochastic programming and discrete optimization, Approximation algorithm
- Applications: Logistics and network design problems under uncertainty; stochastic/robust power system design
- Ph.D., Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, May 2017
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, August 2013
- M.S., Applied Mathematics, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, December 2012
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, July 2010
Assistant Professor, Grado Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2017 - present
- ISE 6514: Advanced Topics in Mathematical Programming
Please click a title in brown to view the abstract.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S., Jiang, R. (2017) Optimized Bonferroni Approximations of Distributionally Robust Joint Chance Constraints. Under review.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2017) On deterministic reformulations of distributionally robust joint chance constrained optimization problems. SIAM Journal on Optimization. Minor revision.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2017) On quantile cuts and their closure for chance constrained optimization problems. Mathematical Programming. Minor revision.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2017) Distributionally robust chance constrained optimal power flow with renewables: A conic reformulation. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. Accepted.
- Xie, W., Ouyang, Y., Wong, S.C. (2016) Reliable location routing problem under facility disruption risks. Transportation Science, 50(3), 1128-1138.
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Algorithm and Randomness Center Fellowship Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2016
- Alice and John Jarvis Ph.D. Student Research Award, ISyE, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- (540) 231-9772
205 Durham Hall
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061