Jaime A. Camelio
Professor; Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor of Advanced Manufacturing
Main Area: Manufacturing Engineering
- Intelligent manufacturing systems - design, modeling, analysis, and control of complex systems
- Cyber physical security for manufacturing systems – vulnerability mapping, mitigation technologies
- Data mining and statistical learning applications for manufacturing processes and systems, process monitoring, diagnosis, prognosis, and control.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Catolica de Chile, 1996
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Catolica de Chile, 1994
- Professor, ISE, Virginia Tech, 08/15 - present
- Associate Professor with Tenure, ISE, Virginia Tech, 08/11 – 07/15
- Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor for Advanced Manufacturing, 12/13 – Present
- Virginia Tech Director for Manufacturing Systems Member, Industrial Operations Board Commonwealth Center for Advance Manufacturing (CCAM), 03/11 – Present
- Director, ICTAS Center for Innovation Based Manufacturing (CIBM), ISE, Virginia Tech, 07/10 – Present
- Assistant Department Head and Graduate Program Director, ISE, Virginia Tech, 07/10 – 07/14
- Assistant Professor, ISE, Virginia Tech, 08/08 – 08/11
- Visiting Professor, ESE Business School, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago, Chile, 07/09 - Present
- Visiting Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 07/08 – 08/08
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering – Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University, 08/05 – 07/08
- Consultant, A.T. Kearney Inc. Southfield, MI, 03/04 – 07/05
- Assistant Research Scientist, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 11/03 – 02/04
- ISE 2204 Manufacturing Processes
- ISE 5204 Manufacturing Systems
- ISE 4984 Intelligent Manufacturing
Please click a title to view the abstract.
- Wells, L.J., Camelio, J.A., Williams, C.B., and White, J., 2014, "Cyber-Physical Security Challenges in Manufacturing Systems," SME Manufacturing Letters, 2(2), 74-77.
- Wells, L., Megahed, F., Camelio, J., Niziolek, C., Woodall, W., 2012, “Statistical Process Monitoring Approach for High-Density Point Clouds,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, pp. 1-13.
- Megahed, F., Wells, L., Camelio, J., and Woodall, W., 2012, “A Spatiotemporal Monitoring Method for Image Data,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 28(8), 967-980.
- Megahed, F., Woodall, W., Camelio, J., 2011, “A Review and Perspective on Control Charting with Image Data,” Journal of Quality Technology, 43(2), pp. 83-98.
- Xie, K, Well, L., Camelio, J., Youn, B.D., 2007, “Variation Propagation Analysis on Compliant Assemblies Considering Contact Interaction,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 129(5), 934-942.
- Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering (2013 – present)
- Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor for Advance Manufacturing, 2013 - present
- Virginia Tech Faculty Fellow, 2013 – 2015
- Virginia Tech Illuminator Award, 2013
- Virginia Tech Student Engineering Council (SEC) Undergraduate Research Advisor Award, 2013
Scholar of the Week: Jaime Camelio (July 2016)
Dr. Jaime Camelio has been promoted to Professor (June 2015)
Four to receive Illuminator Awards (April 2013)
Commonwealth Center for Advanced Manufacturing unveils new research and product development facility during grand opening (March 2013)
Virginia Tech names directors for commonwealth engineering centers (April 2011)
103 Durham Hall
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061