Robert E. Taylor
Associate Professor Emeritus of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- P. E.
- Managed the day-to-day activities of the Center for High Performance Manufacturing devoted to research and development of advanced manufacturing practices and technology to serve primarily Virginia manufacturers.
- Served on leadership team and participate on various Center research projects.
- Actively involved in the development of research proposals to federal agencies for grants to explore various aspects of manufacturing.
- Have made Center presentations to nearly 1,000 individuals across the Commonwealth.
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech, 1970
- M.S., West Virginia University, 1967
- B.S., West Virginia University, 1964
Author or co-author of nearly twenty refereed papers and two textbooks in the areas of optimization of simulation models, management teaching games, or information systems development.
- Electronics Assembly Manufacturing
- Chemical and petrochemical processing
- General manufacturing
- Planning Committee for Governor's Manufacturing Summit.
- Executive Committee for Virginia Small Manufacturing Assistance Program.
- Member of the Manufacturing Advisory Council reporting to Virginia's Secretary of Commerce and Trade.