Main Area: Human Factors and Ergonomics Engineering
- Occupational Ergonomics & Human Performance
- Biomechanics of the upper body
- Human movements, motor control and coordination
- Work physiology and fatigue
- Work-related musculoskeletal disorders
- Physical activity
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2010
- Masters, Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2008
- Masters, Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2008
- Bachelors, Electrical Engineering, Anna University, India, 2005
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, January 2016
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Virginia Tech, June 2016 -
- COFAS Marie Curie International Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Gävle, Sweden, 2012-2015
- Research Fellow, Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2010-2011
- Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Occupational and Public Health Sciences, University of Gävle, Sweden, 2011
- Research Scientist, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, 2010
- Research Intern, Cardiac Rhythm Management, Boston Scientific Ltd, Minneapolis, Summer 2009
- Graduate Student Research Assistant, Center for Ergonomics, Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2006-2010
Please click a title in light brown to view the abstract.
- Weber, Z. R., Srinivasan, D., & Côté, J. N. (2017). Sex-Specific Links in Motor and Sensory Adaptations to Repetitive Motion-Induced Fatigue. Motor Control.
- Sandlund, J., Srinivasan, D., Heiden, M. and Mathiassen, S. E. (2017) Differences in motor variability among individuals performing a standardized short-cycle manual task, Human Movement Science, 51, 17-26.
- Srinivasan, D., Sinden, K.E., Mathiassen, S.E. and Côté, J.N. (2016). Gender differences in fatigability and muscle activity responses to a short-cycle repetitive task. European Journal of Applied Physiology, pp.1-9. (full-text view-only version).
- Samani, A., Srinivasan, D., Mathiassen, S.E. and Madeleine, P. (2016). Variability in spatio-temporal pattern of trapezius activity and coordination of hand-arm muscles during a sustained repetitive dynamic task. Experimental Brain Research, pp.1-12. (full-text view-only version).
- Commissaris, D. A., Huysmans, M. A., Mathiassen, S. E., Srinivasan, D., Koppes, L. L., & Hendriksen, I. J. (2016). Interventions to reduce sedentary behavior and increase physical activity during productive work: a systematic review. Scandinavian journal of work, environment & health, 42(3), 181-191.
- Samani, A., Srinivasan, D., Mathiassen, S. E., & Madeleine, P. (2015). Nonlinear metrics assessing motor variability in a standardized pipetting task: Between-and within-subject variance components. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 25(3), 557-564.
Please go to the Publications page on my website for other publications.
549 Whittemore Hall
1185 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061