Main Area: Human Factors and Ergonomics Engineering
- Occupational Ergonomics & Human Performance
- Biomechanics of the upper body
- Human movements, motor control and coordination
- Work physiology and fatigue
- Work-related musculoskeletal disorders
- Physical activity
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2010
- Masters, Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2008
- Masters, Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2008
- Bachelors, Electrical Engineering, Anna University, India, 2005
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, January 2016
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Virginia Tech, June 2016 -
- COFAS Marie Curie International Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Gävle, Sweden, 2012-2015
- Research Fellow, Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2010-2011
- Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Occupational and Public Health Sciences, University of Gävle, Sweden, 2011
- Research Scientist, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, 2010
- Research Intern, Cardiac Rhythm Management, Boston Scientific Ltd, Minneapolis, Summer 2009
- Graduate Student Research Assistant, Center for Ergonomics, Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2006-2010
Please click a title in light brown to view the abstract.
- Weber, Z. R., Srinivasan, D., & Côté, J. N. (2017). Sex-Specific Links in Motor and Sensory Adaptations to Repetitive Motion-Induced Fatigue. Motor Control.
- Sandlund, J., Srinivasan, D., Heiden, M. and Mathiassen, S. E. (2017) Differences in motor variability among individuals performing a standardized short-cycle manual task, Human Movement Science, 51, 17-26.
- Srinivasan, D., Sinden, K.E., Mathiassen, S.E. and Côté, J.N. (2016). Gender differences in fatigability and muscle activity responses to a short-cycle repetitive task. European Journal of Applied Physiology, pp.1-9. (full-text view-only version).
- Samani, A., Srinivasan, D., Mathiassen, S.E. and Madeleine, P. (2016). Variability in spatio-temporal pattern of trapezius activity and coordination of hand-arm muscles during a sustained repetitive dynamic task. Experimental Brain Research, pp.1-12. (full-text view-only version).
- Commissaris, D. A., Huysmans, M. A., Mathiassen, S. E., Srinivasan, D., Koppes, L. L., & Hendriksen, I. J. (2016). Interventions to reduce sedentary behavior and increase physical activity during productive work: a systematic review. Scandinavian journal of work, environment & health, 42(3), 181-191.
- Samani, A., Srinivasan, D., Mathiassen, S. E., & Madeleine, P. (2015). Nonlinear metrics assessing motor variability in a standardized pipetting task: Between-and within-subject variance components. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 25(3), 557-564.
Please go to the Publications page on my website for other publications.
ISE Welcomes Two New Faculty in Spring 2016 (January 2016)
549 Whittemore Hall
1185 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061