John P. Shewchuk
Associate Professor, Interim Associate Department Head, and Undergraduate Program Director
- P. Eng.
Main Area: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems
- Computer integrated manufacturing
- Production systems, simulation, scheduling in manufacturing
Applied research advancing the state-of-the-art in lean manufacturing
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 1995
- M.S., Purdue University, 1990
- B.Sc., University of Manitoba, 1984
- ISE 3024: Data Management for Industrial Engineers
- ISE 5204: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- ISE 4984/5984: Lean Manufacturing
- Shewchuk, J.P., "Worker Allocation for Full Work in U-shaped Production Lines", International Journal of Production Research (to appear).
- Fong, N.H., Shewchuk, J.P., and Sturges. R.H. (2004), "Classical Control Theory Analysis of a Lean Manufacturing System", Proceedings of the 12th Industrial Engineering Research Conference, May 15-19, 2004, Houston, TX.
- Shewchuk, J.P., Chung, K.H., and WIlliges, R.C. (2002), "Virtual Environments in Manufacturing", Chapter 61 of Handbook of Virtual Environment Technology, K. Stanney (Ed.), Lawrence Erlbaum, New Jersey, pp. 1119-1142.
- Chung, K.C., Shewchuk, J.P., and Williges, R.C. (2002), "An Analysis Framework for Applying Virtual Environment Technology to Manufacturing Tasks", Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing, 12(4), 1-14.
Reviewer for: International Journal of Production Research, Production Planning and Control, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Computers in Industry, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, IIE Transactions
Virginia Tech researchers, collaborators receive award from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for occupational safety, health in construction research (October 2009)