Carolyn A. Duncan
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Memorial university, St. John's, NL, Canada
- M.S., Occupational Biomechanics, University of New Brunswick, Frederiction, NB, Canada
- B.S., Kinesiology, University of New Brunswick, Frederiction, NB, Canada
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, August 2016 - present
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, University of Waterloo, October 2014 - August 2016
- Accelerate Postdoctoral Fellow, Sleipnir Lift Management, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Memorial University, September 2013 - September 2014
- ISE 5614: Human Physical Capabilities
Please click a title to view the abstract.
- Ingram, T. G. J., Duncan, C. A., Mansfield, A., Byrne, J. M., & McIlroy, W. E. (2016). The influence of previous experiences on participant performance during maritime simulation testing. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, 17(3), 324-336.
- Duncan, C. A., Langlois, R. G., Albert, W. J., & MacKinnon, S. N. (2014). The habituation of human postural responses to platform perturbations. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 44(6), 874-881.
- Duncan, C. A., Albert, W. J., Langlois, R.G., MacKinnon, S. N. (2014). Stepping response during constrained and unconstrained standing in moving environments. International Journal of Maritime Engineering, 156, 207-212. (subscription required to view the abstract)
- Duncan, C. A., MacKinnon, S. N., & Albert, W. J. (2013). A Comparison of Platform Motion Waveforms During Constrained and Unconstrained Standing in Moving Environments. IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors, 1(2), 140-151.
- Duncan, C. A., MacKinnon, S. N., & Albert, W. J. (2012). The effects of moving environments on thoracolumbar kinematics and foot center of pressure when performing lifting and lowering tasks. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 28(2), 111-119.
- International Society of Posture and Gait Research, 2014 - present
- Canadian Society of Biomechanics, 2006 - present
- Association of Canadian Ergonomics, 2006 - present
- American-British-Canadian-Dotch Group on Human Performance at Sea, 2007 - present
- Doctoral Scholarship and the Dean's Excellence Award, memorial University of Newfoundland, 2007 - 2009
- Board of Governors Merit Award of Graduate Studies, University of New Brunswick, 2005 - 2007
- Magee Third Century Post Graduate Merit Award, University of New Brunswick, 2005 - 2006
- Alumni Undergraduate Scholarship, University of New Brunswick, 2004 - 2005
- N. Myles Brown Undergraduate Scholarship, University of New Brunswick, 2003 - 2004
- Joy Wells Kidd Bursary, University of New Brunswick, 2002 - 2003
- Sir George E. Foster Scholarship, University of New Brunswick, 2002 - 2003
- Governor T. Carleton Scholarship, University of New Brunswick, 2001 - 2002
- Faculty of Kinesiology Dean's List for Academic Merit, 2002 - 2005
- (540) 231-9093
544 Whittemore Hall
1185 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061