- Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University
- M.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University
- B.Tech., Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, October 2014 - August 2016
- ISE 5405: Optimization I
- ISE 5406: Optimization II
Please click a title in brown to view the abstract.
- A. Sen, A. Banerjee, A. Sinha, and M. Bansal, "Clinical decision support: Converging toward an integrated architecture," Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 45(5): 1009-1017, 2012.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, Y. Ding, and E. Moreno-Centeno, "Hybridization of bound-and-decompose and mixed integer feasibility to measure redundancy in structured linear systems," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering 10(4): 1151-1157, 2013.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "n-step cycle inequalities: facets for the continuous multi-mixing set and strong cuts for multi-module capacitated lot-sizing problem," Mathematical Programming, 154 (1), 113-144, 2015.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "Planar maximum coverage location problem with partial coverage and rectangular demand and service zones," INFORMS Journal on Computing 29(1), 152-169, 2017.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "Facets for the continuous multi-mixing set with general coefficients and bounded integer variables," Discrete Optimization, Available online, 2017
- M. Bansal, K. L. Huang, S. Mehrotra, "Tight second-stage formulations for two-stage stochastic mixed integer programming problems," under second round of review.
- J. Hu, M. Bansal, S. Mehrotra, "Robust decision making using a general utility set," under review, 2016.
- M. Bansal, S. Mehrotra, "On solving general two-stage stochastic programs," under review, 2016.
- M. Bansal, K. L. Huang, S. Mehrotra, "Decomposition algorithms for two-stage distributionally robust mixed binary programs," under review, 2017.
- M. Bansal, "Facets for single module and multi-module capacitated lot-sizing problems without backlogging," under review, 2017.
- M. Bansal, "Two-dimensional maximum p-coverage problem with partial coverage," under review, 2017.
- New Faculty Mentoring Award, Virginia Tech, 2016
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Award, Northwestern University, 2016
- Invited Speaker, 2015 Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) Workshop, Booth School of Business - The University of Chicago, IL (only 25 speakers were invited)
- Best Poster Award, Mixed Integer Programming Workshop, 2013
- Second Place, INFORMS Interactive Session Poster Competition, INFORMS Annual Meeting, 2013
- Honorable Mention, INFORMS Student Presentation Competition, Texas A&M University, 2013
- Second Prize, Oral Presentation Competition, Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, 2012
- Merit Scholarship, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2008-09 and 2009-10
- (540) 231-6636
227 Durham Hall
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061