The Robotics and Automation Laboratory, also know as the R&A Lab, is both an instructional laboratory and a research facility. It supports undergraduate and graduate courses in industrial automation and robotics, as well as on-going projects for NSF, NASA and industry.
Recent projects in the R&A Lab include two NSF projects related to automated path planning and passive assembly, an industry project for guidance and control of driverless linked vehicles, and a NASA project for automated fiber-composite structure manufacture.
The R&A Lab is equipped with:
- IBM 7545 industrial robot
- Two pairs of Merlin 6-axis robots, one pair with force sensing wrists
- Integrated assembly workcell
- Three CNC controlled milling machines and a CNC lathe
- Stand-alone data acquisition and control systems