The Center for High Performance Manufacturing (CHPM) at Virginia Tech is seeking partners for our Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) Senior Design Projects.
- Will my company policies allow a team of undergraduates to work on-site?
- Is an ISE solution methodology really a good way to address my problem? (e.g., lean redesign, quality improvement, modeling & simulation, methods analysis, etc.)
- Can this problem wait until August before anyone investigates potential solutions?
- Can I wait until next April before I see a final solution?
- Is the project important to our success yet not critical to the safe and effective operations of our business?
- If the team does not deliver a solution I’m happy with, can I live with that?
- Can I provide the necessary data to the team in a timely manner so that they can understand the process and identify the problem?
- Am I comfortable with a team telling me that what I think is the problem actually is not the problem?
- Will the time spent be worth the monetary investment my organization will make?
- Do I have a person I can dedicate for 2 to 3 hours per week as the main POC throughout the life of the project?
- Do I have a person I can trust to mentor the team throughout the life of the project?
- Can I hold the team accountable for real results that will help my organization?
- Will I really treat the student team members as I would other ISE professionals?
- Can I commit to attending Senior Symposium in late April?
All questions answered YES----definitely
10 or more answered YES---probably
Less than 10 answered YES—let’s talk about it
None answered YES—start looking for another project
Elite Partner - $100,000 Commitment
Partners at this level agree to mentor at least five project teams; attend the Senior Symposium; provide a logo and website link for display on the Senior Design website and the Senior Symposium program; provide a full size display booth at the Senior Symposium.
Premium Partner - $20,000 Commitment
Partners at this level agree to mentor two project teams; attend the Senior Symposium; provide a logo and website link for display on the Senior Design website; provide a table-top display during the Senior Symposium.
Advanced Partner - $10,000 Commitment
Partners at this level agree to mentor one project team; attend the Senior Symposium; and, provide a logo for display on the Senior Design website.
Partner- $5000 Commitment (Small Business & Non Profits)
Partners at this level agree to mentor one project team and attend the Senior Symposium.