Industrial Engineers often have project management responsibilities. Whether working as a resident industrial engineer or as a consultant, it is imperative that the Industrial Engineer have the skills and knowledge associated with the technical, project management and customer components of technical projects.
During the 9 month project students, working with faculty, develop a technical proposal, perform analyses, design a solution, and manage implementation.
- Ergonomics or Human Factors Engineering
- Facilities Planning and / or Design
- Lean Manufacturing Process Improvements
- Manufacturing Systems
- Material Handling
- Production or Manufacturing Systems Design / Redesign
- Robotics and / or Automation
- Systems Engineering